Any and all meetings between the Free Hetherington and Management will be mass meetings, open to all occupation participants. Decisions will not be made by the occupation at any meetings with management – meetings are for consultation and discussion only. Any meetings will have seating arranged in a circle to ensure equality of all participants; meetings will be facilitated by one of our experienced facilitators, who is neither student nor staff at the University of Glasgow and who will refrain from making points in the meeting; the same procedures will apply as in our own occupation meetings (all voices hold equal weight, all speakers must be listened to and shown respect, everyone must wait their turn to speak, the facilitator has the right to moderate discussion).
Please note the addition of a further demand, below.
- The Hetherington Research Club to be returned to democratic control by students and staff, with the return of the block grant. All those who lost their jobs as a result of the closure should be offered their jobs back.
- Anton Muscatelli should condemn the cuts and student fees and take the average wage of university staff, or resign.
- No cuts at Glasgow University. We demand no job cuts, no course cuts, no cuts to student services, no cuts to teaching budgets and an end to the voluntary severance scheme.
- Glasgow University must become a democratic place of lifelong learning for all residents of Glasgow.
- We demand investment in higher education and wider public services and an end to the Government’s programme of austerity.
- We demand a right to reply to the mass email sent to all students and staff concerning the occupation, and that no further mass emails be sent – any communication with the occupation should be done directly